What are overweight and obesity?
Overweight and obesity are characterized by unusual or outrageous fat accumulation which may frustrate prosperity of the body and mind.
Body Mass Index(BMI) is a fundamental record of weight-for-height that is used to quantify the amount of muscle, fat, and bone in an individual, and then categorize that person as underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese based on that value. It is calculated by dividing a person's weight in kilograms by the square of his stature in meters (kg/m2).
The WHO definition is:
- a BMI more than or equivalent to 25 is overweight
- a BMI more than or equivalent to 30 is overweight.
BMI gives the most helpful measure of overweight and corpulence as it is the same for both sexual orientations. Nevertheless, it should be seen as a brutal helper since it may not identify with a similar level of bloatedness in different individuals.
Facts about overweight and obesity
A few recent WHO worldwide studies report the following :
- In 2014, more than 1.9 billion adults above the age of 18, were overweight. Of these more than 600 million were stout.
- All things considered, around 13% of the world's grown-up people (11% of men and 15% of women) were stout in 2014.
- In 2014, 39% of adults above the age of 18 years (38% of men and 40% of women) were overweight.
- In 2013, 42 million youths under the age of 5 were overweight or heavy.
- The prevalence of obesity drastically increased somewhere around the years 1980 - 2014.
What causes obesity and overweight?
The basic explanation behind corpulence and overweight is the drastic disparity between the calories consumed and calories burned. Generally, there has been:
- Consumption of food and beverages rich in fat; and
- An increase in lack of physical exertion on account of the evident dormant nature of various sorts of work, rising urbanization and changing modes of transportation.
Overweight, obesity, and its related health problems are preventable to a large extent.
How can overweight and obesity be reduced?
- Reduction in the consumption of food and beverages rich in fats and sugars;
- Increased use of sustenances high in fiber, vegetables, whole grains, and nuts;
- Involve in physical activities that require a lot of exertion (an hour a day for children and 150 minutes every week for adults).
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR PROGRAM?
Fast and safe weight reduction.
Enhanced muscle tone and body shape.
Substantial help in vitality levels.
Have a better control of sugar in case you are diabetic.
Diminish bad cholesterol and increase the good one.
Electrifying change when all the advises is followed.
Nambiaparambil Ayurvedic hospital, the most famous ayurvedic hospital in Kerala will be happy to assist you in your journey towards fitness and living a healthier life.